off-stage right

Friday, April 24, 2009

Theatre Bloggers’ Social

Last (Thursday) night, Ken Davenport (www.producerperspective.com) hosted a theatre bloggers’ social.  I got there a bit late but I still had time to “social.”  It was great to see old friends, Jeremy Dobrish and Jill Duboff.  Surprising and fun to see fellow Texas Wesleyan University grad, Meredith Lucio.  There were about 30 people there – and that was the tip of the iceberg of theatre bloggers in NYC from what I  gather. 

There was a some interesting discussion around the power of the theatre blogosphere.  It was a very fun night with some tips on blogging that I spent last night toying with (anyone playing with www.tumblr.com?). 

I did find it very interesting that with the exception of a few (Davenport’s and Leonard Jacob’s Clyde Fitch Report) all of the bloggers dealt primarily with reviews or feature stories.  I was the only blogger that had a focus that included nonprofit theatre. I know there have to be more nonprofit folks in the NYC area who are blogging about theatre – so where are you guys?

It did give me some new ideas that I am going to implement over the next few weeks, so keep an eye out for some new features to come to Off Stage Right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home