off-stage right

Friday, July 11, 2008

Number One Posting

Several months ago the Playhouse's new website had its official debut. Each time I visited, I was haunted by the link in the upper right hand corner of the screen labeled "Playhouse Blog." I tried several drafts for an initial entry. Only one that I had the confidence to share with our marketing director (it was all about all the wonderful teacher I had that helped me discover a career in theatre).

Today, I decided to try a different approach. I thought I would just start writing.

We completed an annual ritual today at the Playhouse...the mailing of the gala invitations. This is a complicated multi-day process that I could go on and on about and bore you to tears. But what is important for you to understand is that it takes every single staff member, intern and apprentice to make this happen.

But sitting at my house at midnight, I am in awe of the wonderful staff of the Playhouse. Very few people have the opportunity to get to know our staff and interns - which is a shame. I, however, am fortunate enough to spend long, seemingly-endless days with group of dedicated and talented people.

It only seems appropriate that the first posting should simply be a THANK YOU to the people who really make the Playhouse come to life.

So from my couch I raise my glass to you (yes it is really a diet coke bottle as though who know me assumed)...

Kim F., Tim O., Ruth, Ammie, Bruce, Buist, John, Joe, Rich, Barb, Beth, Pat, Marcia, Debra, Gabe, Deirdre, Kimmie M, Laura F., Laura S., Jeanne, James, Tess, Tim B., and both Jenn Bs.

And to our wonderful interns and our amazing apprentices...

Sara E, Laura J., Holly, Rachel, Josh, Helen, Megan, Julie, Mike, Brian, Ashley, Kim, Chris, Kate, Kristin, Amy, Sara L., Sam, Peter, Whitney, Julia, Emma, and Rasheem.

I guess I am making the commitment to you to let you in on what it is like off-stage at the Playhouse. I will do my best to write regular postings. Until next time...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home